Tax consequences of emigrating

Have you considered the following:

You will only pay tax to SARS on any South African sourced income
When you break your tax residency you are deemed to have disposed of your assets to yourself which could give rise to a capital gains tax liability
You may be able to apply the provisions of a double tax agreement (DTA) and potentially receive a refund from SARS.
You may still be considered a South African resident taxpayer
Return to Tax Services

Contact Us

Need more assistance?

Employ the services of one of our tax practitioners!